The latest version of the Confluence SharePoint Connector has been released. The key features in this release are:
- Support for SharePoint 2010
- Integrated Windows Authentication
- Easy Connection to Additional SharePoint Site Collections
- Multiple AD Domains
Confluence SharePoint Connector allows Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) users to tap on the strengths of Confluence wiki and its extensive plug-ins:
- viewing SharePoint content on Confluence and vice versa
- search within the content of pdf documents attached on Confluence pages
- drawing diagrams online with the Gliffy plugin
- drawing mockups with Balsamiq Mockups
- and many other plugins
While documents are commonly used for work, web pages are a better way to share information and collaboration. One of the strongest evidence is the Internet, where there are more web pages than documents. For a quick overview of the Confluence SharePoint Connector, check out the video below.
For more details on the new features of Confluence SharePoint Connector 1.2, please refer to the release notes
Margaret Heffernan posted an interesting article on How to Champion an Idea: Tips from the Invention of the Post-It Note
Post It Notes were invented 30 years ago, but it wasn’t a huge success upfront and a lot of people were sceptical about it. Nevertheless, Geoff Nicholson persisted and that’s why we have Post-It being used pervasively around us (including the sweet love story in the video below).
The key ideas being shared are:
- Actions speak louder than words
- Start small to get buy in
- Get valid use cases and measure benefits to help in your justification
- Don’t give up
Posted in content
We wish you a Prosperous and Happy Chinese New Year.
Atlassian Confluence was chosen by Elearning! Magazine to be the “Best Social Learning Tool“.
Here’s what some of the voters said:
- “It can be done from an IT enterprise system”
- “It provides excellent integration with LMS”
As a side effect of collaboration within the enterprise, Confluence is a large knowledge-base that can be tapped upon to enable social learning and reuse of knowledge & experiences. The knowledge continues to grow and yet up-to-date because it is so easy to add and search knowledge in Confluence.
Congratulations to Atlassian for this deserving awards.
For more, please visit Elearning to read about Confluence and all the winners.
Adele Sommers, Ph.D (Author of the award winning “Straight Talk on Boosting Business Performance” success program) has highlighted the pain points faced by many organizations today
Many of us struggle daily with absent or incomplete facts and data within our own organizations, or in relation to communications from vendors and service suppliers. Sometimes we can feel as if we’re running around like chickens with our heads cut off, trying to locate even one piece of timely and accurate advice!
In her article – Don’t Let Information Gaps Sap Your Business Success, she listed down 5 ways to close the information gap:
- Compile a set of complete and current knowledge base of information required for
- Enable your customers and employees to access the information easily
- Simplify those complex processes
- Give personnel access to job support systems
- Troubleshoot any clogged communications